number crunching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
£155,000 in Tax paid by Amazon Web services UK last year

£11,800,000 of fees paid from Government (UK) to Amazon Web services UK for cloud computing storage in the first 3 months of this year

Sponsored Links
I don't know of many companies actually saving money by deploying on AWS, there are lower cost alternatives. The problem is there are 1000s of IT geeks who think its cool and trendy and they are busy trying to get their business critical apps to work.

I don't know of many companies actually saving money by deploying on AWS, there are lower cost alternatives. The problem is there are 1000s of IT geeks who think its cool and trendy and they are busy trying to get their business critical apps to work.

AWS is great for elastic loads or for temporary needs but running mission critical or operational systems on AWS you need your head checking out.

£155,000 in Tax paid by Amazon Web services UK last year

£11,800,000 of fees paid from Government (UK) to Amazon Web services UK for cloud computing storage in the first 3 months of this year

So amazon have a high turnover and pay little tax? Must be a very unprofitable company.

This has been mentioned before though.

Sponsored Links
Seems as though you need to do more research......

You only picked on a part of the quote, but ok.

Are you saying amazon is highly profitable, but still pays very little tax?

It has been discussed before, has it not ?

So amazon have a high turnover and pay little tax? Must be a very unprofitable company.

This has been mentioned before though.

dunno . The figure was mentioned in Private Eye . Seemed interesting . So I posted it up . Others can pick over the bones, scrutinise , interpret

ect ect

plus it was a non brexit subject

This is Amazon Web Services - their cloud hosting company, not the on-line retailer. This isn't about margin and turnover, its about governments spending money with suppliers who are paying low taxes, probably at a cost to conventional UK data centre services companies who do. Its really about time government procurement took this kind of stuff into account. i.e. UK jobs/taxes being a factor. Everyone else in the EU does it, under the guise of "critical national infrastructure".

This is Amazon Web Services - their cloud hosting company, not the on-line retailer. This isn't about margin and turnover, its about governments spending money with suppliers who are paying low taxes, probably at a cost to conventional UK data centre services companies who do. Its really about time government procurement took this kind of stuff into account. i.e. UK jobs/taxes being a factor. Everyone else in the EU does it, under the guise of "critical national infrastructure".

Externalities are not put into a budget so its cheapest option rules.

Or a firm thats registered offshore leases buildings to the HMRC.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tax-haven-firm-owns-hmrc-london-office-36hd39jl9

:eek:

Sponsored Links
Back