Where to buy smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Answer: Amazon. Get a 10 year battery smoke alarm. Will last you 10 years. Job done.

I bought 7 18 months ago. 3 have failed.

Answer: DON'T buy from Amazon.

I bought a 3 year life carbon monoxide detector. It started going off and flashing lights.
So I installed 2 other detectors that I already had nearby. The damn unit goes off - while the other 2 don't.

Where do I buy both these from?
Would appreciate some suggestions.

I looked at screwfix. More expensive. But happy to pay and get peace of mind.

Just to be clear, not sold by Amazon, 'fulfilled by Amazon'. For any other product... I'm not fussed and I wouldn't waste my time on. But smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors: CANNOT fail. If it's a 10 year unit, then it should flipping last 10 years.

Amazon were really nice and are taking a return and will give a refund. They said they would do it as a 'one off'. I told them off about the 'one off' - for anything else... maybe, but not for this item.

Sponsored Links
Wilko or Toolstation or Screwfix. Not sure why you would bother using an online retailer for something so commonly available in shops. The prices are the same.

Its not the prices he wants its the guarantee that it works for the time it says it should.

I expect the same brand can be bought on Amazon as screwfix or toolstation, they are only a retailer afterall

Sponsored Links
thanks for all replies guys
i've settled on ones from argos
I expect the same brand can be bought on Amazon as screwfix or toolstation, they are only a retailer afterall
no... u can't actually. amazon i trust. i trust their reviews. i bought the alarms in good faith.
i'll continue to use amazon for everything - apart from such things like this.

Answer: Amazon. Get a 10 year battery smoke alarm. Will last you 10 years. Job done.

I bought 7 18 months ago. 3 have failed.

Answer: DON'T buy from Amazon.

I bought a 3 year life carbon monoxide detector. It started going off and flashing lights.
So I installed 2 other detectors that I already had nearby. The damn unit goes off - while the other 2 don't.

Where do I buy both these from?
Would appreciate some suggestions.

I looked at screwfix. More expensive. But happy to pay and get peace of mind.

Just to be clear, not sold by Amazon, 'fulfilled by Amazon'. For any other product... I'm not fussed and I wouldn't waste my time on. But smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors: CANNOT fail. If it's a 10 year unit, then it should flipping last 10 years.

Amazon were really nice and are taking a return and will give a refund. They said they would do it as a 'one off'. I told them off about the 'one off' - for anything else... maybe, but not for this item.
I didn't know Amazon make their own smoke alarms nowadays.

Back