Number Plates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anywhere who can make copies of original dealer plates and would they be legal?

The existing rear has got crud in the laminations.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, HD.

Seen those and am considering them. But I wondered if there was anybody out there who could actually copy the exact detail and layout on the old plates onto new ones?

I don't know if it's legal, but there are places that use UK style number-plate machines but are not in the UK.

Jersey and Guernsey, IIRC.

You can order plates on ebay, and specify that you want a subscript, such as "Jack Barclay Motors Ltd, Mayfair"

The order form might say that they are for show use only.

Some are listed as "car number plates no documents"

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Only the honest people suffer from having to go through the hoops and pay extra, for this stupid law. The crooks just do what any sensible person would do and order 'show plates'. No one ever checks whether the plates being displayed are 100% legal, providing they display the correct letters and numbers, in the correct format, on the correct back ground. Look on ebay, plenty of 'show plate' suppliers on there, able to make them to your requirements.

with the plates where you can order a subscript, you can specify text such as "Arthur Daley Motors, Walworth's Finest Car Dealer" or whatever takes your fancy.

fimpQouvOz.jpg

from Andy's site

makes it look like it's fresh from the showroom

Matching original plates can be one of those useful indicators of whether the car might have been in a front/rear ender etc.

Matching original plates can be one of those useful indicators of whether the car might have been in a front/rear ender etc.
Can be, but not in this case! I know the car has been rear-ended, but the plate survived. However, the front plate did not because the original was cracked by a flying stone and it failed the MOT.

So you can't really tell.

Sponsored Links
Back