Numbering data mods - is there a kit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have flood wired the whole house with data cabling, and had Triax cat6 mods terminated on each one.

They are currently all unlabelled. Is there a kit you can buy to sticky label them They don't have a clear plastic cover), 1 - 24 ? I have a Dymo labeller, but don't think it will take a suitable sized tape.

Thanks!
Tim

Sponsored Links
I've always used a dymo labeller and stuck on the faceplate e.g. 10/11 for a double if the module has no window

They do have space for a label, like this:

GUE7072-338x554_0.jpg

But they don't have clear cover to insert the paper. So I was hoping there was some kind of label kit I could stick in there, that fitted neatly.

Your idea is fine for a commercial environment, but I'd like it to be a little more discrete for my living room I think :)

Sponsored Links
Phatboy,
I use the Dymo type printer a lot, but have found that they can fade, and as you suggest do not fit into the little square box perfectly, or can only get a limited amount of text/info into the box.
When Dymo is not suitable, I use computer/Word to make squares of text that perfectly fit the area I need, and print onto self adhesive labels, which I then cut to size.
The laser print is water proof, does not fade, not heat sensitive and fits perfectly (when cut to size). But being paper not abrasion proof
Would this work for you?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000I5VXWG?aaxitk=yIT55LwonTt1kkQfVp39VQ
SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back