Problem with Triax cat6 modules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm sure some of the regulars in here can answer this fairly quick!

18 months ago I had the whole house data-wired (28 points). I ran all the cables (Excel cat6) in during the refurb, and then had a guy come in and terminate a panel in the airing cupboard, and he chose Triax cat6 modules for the rooms.

Issue is that almost half of them do not establish a data connection, unless the cable is pushed hard into the module. As soon as you let go, the connection is lost. These have only been tested recently, but the guy who fitted tested using a basic tester at the time and all was OK - I saw it.

I've removed a couple of plates from the wall in case the plate was causing the issue, but it remains the same - with the mod in my hand I still need to push the cable in to get a connection.

Multiple patch cables tested.

Is it possible there is a batch issue here? Seems very strange!

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
Take cable out of cat 6 module and 're make using a metal prong doc tool not a plastic one.
Also take the other end of the same cable out of the patch board and 're make connection
Now test if same change module for different brand and test again

Caught up with the guy just now.... he says they may be Hagar modules as they are in fact identical.

And he has had some issues, and some needed replacing around the time of my job.

He will do it over the next few weeks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back