What to expect from getting house wired with cat6

Sponsored Links
please provide the intelligent, rational explanation of why my post count proves that I know nothing, as I fear not everybody will understand.
And what if it takes 100 minutes? Or 10 hours? Or 10 days? Is that also good?
What a prick.
Is that what passes for an intelligent and rational explanation with you?

Is it worth asking you for an intelligent and rational explanation of why a transfer in the 100MBs using NetCPS will tell you something useful about the network, but transferring several hundred times as much with a different method will tell you nothing?

No. You talk **** on so many threads. You make new members feel like dicks. You remind me of the "clever" science teacher at school.... knows nothing. Your post count says it all. Try to be clever but really know not much. If your network transfers 500gb in 10 mins that's good. Read up and you may learn why.
to be honest, you are the one that is talking **** on my thread, has hijacked it to attack someone else who was trying to offer some advice and all you have done is belittle him whilst claiming that you know it all, showing off that others know nothing and offered no advice at all or explained why others solutions would not work despite requests to do so. All you have offered is personal attacks. So thanks, but please stay off my threads in future as you are the one not making new members feel welcome.

Sponsored Links
IMO, forget the sparky - I've not found one yet that actually understands data.
With my day job hat on, I sometimes get to do data installs, and usually it's the electrical contractor pulling in the cabling and I get to fit the sockets. One big job was a right PITA - they found the job was bigger than they'd quoted for so were rushing, and the data cabling got given to (I assume) the cheapest monkey in the crew. I had to tell him several times about damaging the cable - when the box jammed, he'd just pull harder and harder until the knot came through the hole :eek: Then he'd pull a load out, from several boxes, and let it pile on the floor before pulling it through the loops of cable ties - just yanking it to get the kinks out. And of course, half the numbers he wrote on the cables were illegible, some ends were several yards too short (I made them pull those out and pull new ones in), and so on. And all done with cable cold-soaked in below freezing conditions.

Just terminate the ends on a patch panel, being careful to follow installation instructions (especially about not unravelling loads of the cable as I've seen done). Test with a basic tester - and TBH if you get end-end connectivity then it's "most likely" to be OK, with house sized cable run lengths you have a fair bit of headroom to work with in terms of meeting specs (different matter if you are maxing out on permitted cable run lengths).

Some clients forbid cable-tieing Cat 5e/Cat 6 and instead require velcro ties to prevent the cable being crushed.

No. You talk **** on so many threads. You make new members feel like dicks. You remind me of the "clever" science teacher at school.... knows nothing. Your post count says it all. Try to be clever but really know not much. If your network transfers 500gb in 10 mins that's good. Read up and you may learn why.
to be honest, you are the one that is talking **** on my thread, has hijacked it to attack someone else who was trying to offer some advice and all you have done is belittle him whilst claiming that you know it all, showing off that others know nothing and offered no advice at all or explained why others solutions would not work despite requests to do so. All you have offered is personal attacks. So thanks, but please stay off my threads in future as you are the one not making new members feel welcome.
Will do. Perhaps by then you will learn how to do what you ask. Simple little ****. You never know. You may have learnt to spell ethernet by then.

Good luck btw. You got ripped off by the spark and listen to some on here and the same will happen again. You can at least take comfort from the expert replies from BAS. I'm sure your network will be top notch. Pmsl. Mods I've emailed you. Please delete my account. I no longer wish to be associated with a forum like this.

Good luck btw. You got ripped off by the spark and listen to some on here and the same will happen again. You can at least take comfort from the expert replies from BAS. I'm sure your network will be top notch. Pmsl. Mods I've emailed you. Please delete my account. I no longer wish to be associated with a forum like this.

Which is fantastic, 'cause none of us want you here either! I'd be happy to send an email of support for your account deletion if you want?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back