Flat Felt Roof repair kits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat felt roof above the garage attached to the side of the house.
There are a number of bumps and blisters. However there is an approximate 9" tear in one area where a blister has split and some alien life form/fungus was protruding. I've cleared that away and i'm left with damp chipboard below and the obvious tear.
Is there a way of drying this out? applying a seal and then finishing off with a patch? Any kits available?

All help greatly received.
Brian.

P.S. It's an above average sized double garage also covering a kitchen extension. The last thing I wanna do is replace the whole thing. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Best thing to do is cover over with some sort of tarp and let the area dry out. Then probably just patch that area with some new felt. May not look great but best cheap fix. I think there is some sort of tape alternatives available but this is dependant on the width of the gash. Check out your local B&Q they usually have some thing.

Thanks Adillin,

Although I didn't do the tarp thing, the rest is pretty much what happened.
£40 for a sizable patch fitted proffessionally. Far better than 2 grand to board and felt the entire 50m2 roof.

Cheers,
Brian.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back