Flat roof leaking or condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone in the know can help me please. I have a shed approx 20foot x 12foot, with a flat roof covered in torch on felt. In three years i have never had a problem in winter time but this week what seems to be a small leak has developed. it is right bang in the center of the roof ( this area generally ponds) i have always lightly swept this water off with a soft brush as it seemed way too much water to be left lying on the roof. There is a few blisters scattered over the roof, none of which are large in size and none have ever caused a problem. When i noticed the joist and small area of board around it wet i concluded it must be a leak, however there is no sign of a split or tear above, but there is a blister above. it seems to be too little water coming through to be a leak (although it might be) is it possible it could be moisture in the blister causing it too drip, or possibly the cold weather we have had freezing the surface water, and moisture below, then thawing out in the day?? Help!! all opinions welcomed!! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The blister will have a tiny split at the top, when the water fills up, it runs in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back