Numerous Attempts to Fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a problem for about a year with a small pitched roof over my stairwell.

I have had 2 /3 roofers around and each has tried something different and nothing has fixed it.

One has resealed the roof and one has repointed the roof tiles.

Recently another roofer came round and said the tiles were incorrect as the pitch of the roof is quite small so the leak is caused by capillary action and the tiles need to be replaced with tiles more suited to a lower pitch roof.

does this sound feasible - I am getting frustrated with paying roofers only for the problem not to have gone away.

Sponsored Links
If they are an incorrect pitch, then they were an incorrect pitch from when fitted, so would have leaked way back then.

Is there an underfelt under the tiles?

And a bit more detail of what is actually above the stairwell - valleys, hips, ridges, lead flashing etc, location where the leak is coming in, type of tile, or a photo of the roof would help.

A to shallow pitch or wrong tile gauge can definitely cause a leak. only one fix.
as already stated a bit more info. tile type, pitch of roof.. picture ? etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back