1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

O Rings on mixer tap

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by leakydave, 11 Aug 2013.

1. leakydave

leakydave

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does anyone know how I can get at the O rings on this mixer tap? It leaks only when being used so it's not the cartridge itself.

Or do I suggest a new tap to this customer?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. alan999

alan999

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    I hate the throwaway society but I find with these taps its best to replace them. The exception for me is if its an expensive tap where specific parts can be obtained from the manufacturers. Even so a replacement can work out cheaper

4. Whitespirit66

Whitespirit66

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you know the manufacturer, try them for parts. Sometimes you can find the right size o rings, but occasionally, you think you have the right ones, but it still leaks.

If it's only a cheap tap, I would replace it with something better that spares will be available for, eg Bristan or Grohe.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local