United Kingdom
Hi

I need a flue for a Halstead 45F boiler, the gc number is 4133311

Please can anyone suggest where to try

thanks

Sponsored Links
Does anyone stock obsolete parts?

Thanks

by definition, its impossible to have obsolete parts!!!!!!!!!!!!

however as that is little help to your situation i will now try to offer some reasonable advice, perhaps you could contact Glen Dimplex who might be able to advise if there is a part that can be used, some boilers have the same parts but are listed under another number, after that perhaps a call to some of the independants who have some older stock and TBH try a wee bit harder to source bits from their supply chain as they care a bit more about their customers, i use Dobies (just outside Edinburgh) and they are brilliant at getting oddball stuff their number is 01506 430094

Sponsored Links
The flue is required due to a boiler repair person being unable to quickly diagnosis the fault via their laptop information so he/she decided to condemn another boiler as they get awarded in centrica heaven.

yes i have centrica shares (lots) but i would rather they offer an hon(see1)t solution rather than to swell their yearly sales and awards to so called engineers.

when a inspector wants to use force to inspect possible corrosion,the client should be made aware beforehand or his/hers actions and possible final action. (mot rule)

i can say more but i will wait for all the usual slagging off.

1= well you know what.

Please can you elaborate, have I got grounds to take it further as I only called them out for a blown fuse!

you could always get an independant in for a second opinion. You'll need to find someone anyway, to either fit the flue (doubt you'll find anyone to do that anyway) or to replace the boiler.

Thanks
I would think there is genuinely a hole now with the force he hit it with the screwdriver for a good 5 mins but may be worth doing anyway

I did complain to BG on Friday and the Service manager has called me twice today to say they will try and search the net for a flue and also the original engineer has been round again today ( just to show me a diagram of a flue on his laptop) so I dont know if that indicates that they know something isnt quite right

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back