Boiler part please can anyone help me I'm freezing!!

Sponsored Links
If you have the manufacturer's part number they will look it up to cross reference them.

I thought that they were different but could be wrong. I would always measure the resistance and note it when visiting one of these.

Ruth, I am not sure why you seem to be ordering parts. Your RGI should order them so that if he has wrongly diagnosed the fault then you dont need to pay for the part which was not needed to fix the fault.

The fact that you are having to ask these questions makes me have less confidence in your RGI. I am not at all sure that a new PCB was ever needed! He should be taking control of the repairs including obtaining any parts needed.

Tony

It seems that some of us here think that it will be possible to get one although at a cost.

However, the reality is that you should be taking the opportunity of replacing the boiler on account of its age rather than buying an expensive part for it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes Tony in an ideal world of course we would replace the boiler but we simply cant afford to do that so its a case of fix this one or have a long cold winter

We hear that British Gas have a finance deal where they fit a new boiler ( at a high cost ) and the customer pays for it monthly over several years.

Its always better to have a local independent do it at a low price and take a bank loan. But those with the least money always choose to pay the most !

Its not very reasonable but when its a technically obsolete part then they command a high price!

A better gas engineer might be an advantage. He seems to have wrongly diagnosed the PCB as faulty when its more likely the gas valve but can you be sure he has not got that wrong as well?

How much do you think a 1933 penny is worth?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back