Please can someone help with quote

ianmcd";p="2575275 said:
How far from its current position will it be that it could need an extra 200 quid worth of cable? Where are you finding these people ? Are you working your way through the yellow pages?[/quote

The op is at it, this has been posted about 3 different times in as many weeks and it grows arms and legs every time
a wind up? As I said above op seems to know more about boilers than most

Sponsored Links
How far from its current position will it be that it could need an extra 200 quid worth of cable? Where are you finding these people ? Are you working your way through the yellow pages?

Exactly the same place he says new boilers need more cable :confused:
well at retail that would get you over 200m of cable which may just fit inside the boiler if you remove everything else

I assure you this is most definitely not a wind up, yes it is a farce but unfortunately that is how things have developed. I only know what I know as I have been reading non stop online to try and find a solution as I am freezing and skint!

You do seem to have a habit of throwing good money after bad, despite free advice to the contrary on here you've opted for a 2nd hand boiler to be fitted by someone who thinks you need 200m+ of cable for it. You do realise that if engineer 3 was correct and it was the pump, then changing to this boiler will not fix the issue (though it may fix the issues caused by engineers 1 and 2, assuming engineer 4 doesn't add his own issue to the mix - I can't remember if Engineer 3 broke anything).

My Fingers are crossed for you.

Sponsored Links
I have got a pump included in the price of the boiler as I realise that needs changing too. Engineer 3 didnt break anything but was the one who did me the back to front quote for installation

I will NOT be using the crazy guy with the cable quote I am still searching for a NORMAL engineer to do the job :)

Will do thanks, old boiler is now out, new (hopefully good!) engineer said the pump was leaking and was probably the problem all along. Due to a delivery mess up boiler will be here monday so fingers crossed

Thanks all will keep you posted :)

Right are you ready for a laugh!
So the new boiler came and the guy who removed the old one was then in hospital with shingles so had to look again for another registered engineer. Found one who came with his lad and fitted it 3 weeks ago but couldnt do the electrics so had to get another guy to come and do this. He did and the boiler showed an F1 fault so the fitters came back as they hadnt completed the job anyway. They said it was the gas valve and wacked it a few times then left.

Last week I got a BG engineer out who said they have installed the boiler wrong as the water pipes leading to the boiler are running uphill at a dramatic angle and he said it is not circulating properly and air is getting in.

I have rang the fitters and told them and they said they would be back Saturday to reinstall but never turned up and ignore the phones!!

What a mess and I now have developed arthiritis in my fingers due to the cold!

Can anyone help or recommend what I can do next please as I am about ready to jump in the nearest lake!!!

I know nothing about you or how you have ended up in this mess.

All I can say it that we see so many people who try to save money by employing dodgy people and using second hand boilers and always end up spending more!

This guy here bought a used boiler and had it fitted thinking the makers would repair it under warranty. They refused! He ended up buying a new boiler and having two boilers installed. Even the new boiler was at first fitted wrongly!

If you are a woman, then one wonders why you don't have a man assisting and dealing with these things.

Tony

I agree it was a risk buying a used boiler but I trusted all the engineers as they were all gas safe. How can I tell they are dodgy till they start work?

Sorry, but if this isn't a wind up thread all I can say is that you are beyond help. :(

Wrap up warm and buy a lottery ticket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back