What is a Venturi please

17 Nov 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom

My fan needs replacing on my Ideal Classic FF250 boiler, I have tried to lubricate it but it fails again after a day, I have found replacements online but they say I need to use the Venturi from my old boiler, can anybody tell me what one of those is please?


Sponsored Links
It's a widget that makes the APS work properly. Your Gas Safe Registered Engineer will know what to do with it
I hope you carried out all relevant safety checks including combustion etc due to you removing the casing of your boiler?
Sponsored Links
Mibbee you died of CO poisoning and that's why you aren't back on?
He also seems to have a Worcester boiler as well.


The hot water isn't hot enough, in the past we had to put loads of cold in the bath but now on it's hottest setting the bath isnt hot enough. I have tried the basics, pressed the little chimney sweep button, let more water in to keep the dial on Green. Any ideas please?

Thanks. :D
A venturi, perhaps specific to a boiler (and so not to be dicked with) is the way a paint spray gun works. Blow a fluid (doens't have to be air or a gas) over a small port quickly and it creates a low pressure inside that port, sucking out whatever happens to be in there. Can also be used to measure speed of that fluid, by how low the pressure goes. Carburettors work on the same principle.

Every GS RGI worth his salt knows where Ace Ventura lives!!

As others have said; I hope you're competent enough under UK Law to carry out all safety checks after removing the boiler casing??!!!! Really the Mods should take more notice of DaftyDIYers doing gas work!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links