ocean alpha 240e

no worries, he couldnt fix it so hopefully he never charged you ;)

if the dhw plate hex is scaled, it will be heating up too quick, thermistor will pick up temp, realise its far too warm, knock off gas, plate hex cools down, gas/flame back on, cycle repeats

by the way it was kevplumb spotted the dhw plate hex ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
no worries, he couldnt fix it so hopefully he never charged you ;)

if the dhw plate hex is scaled, it will be heating up too quick, thermistor will pick up temp, realise its far too warm, knock off gas, plate hex cools down, gas/flame back on, cycle repeats

by the way it was kevplumb spotted the dhw plate hex ;) ;)

Thnks for that mate much appreciated, Kevplumb did mention that but he did'nt explain it how you did (But no disrespect to Kevplumb) thnakyou kevplumb too.

Will let you guys know how i get on.

P.s did have a call out charge of £50.

Thnks

No competent engineer should ever charge anyone if they are unable to correctly diagnose the fault! Ask for your your money back!

But you do need a boiler engineer and not a "plumber". Nothing wrong with plumbers but they deal with water supplies, bathrooms, WCs and drainage. Boiler engineers deal with ............. boilers! They are expected to understand how they work and to diagnose and repair faults!

Tony

Try checking the fan venturi for blockages....this will give you the symptons you are experiencing.

Sponsored Links
Try checking the fan venturi for blockages....this will give you the symptons you are experiencing.

Do you really think thats appropriate advice to give a DIYer who is not gas registered?

DIYer already talking about APS problems so he has already taken front combustion door off...he can take or leave my advice.

Ocean Alpha combis must be 10 to 15 years old and passed its sell by date. and as for who repairs your boiler In my experience its not a matter of plumbers only doing water bathrooms ect. and I've never met a boiler engineer yet who's got a degree ( same old story)

No but a dedicated Boiler Engineer has a Van full of ........yes youve guessed BOILER SPARES, not tap washers, Flanges, immesrsion heaters, Ball Valves stop cocks endless fittings........Just lots of Wiggle pins, Thermocouples Solenoid coils APS, Diverter valves PCB's Fans, and lots of lovely stuff for BOILERS ;)

has there been any electrical work done on the premises preceeding this fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back