Odd question- Supporting timber strips for grab adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will try keep this short. I have put up a stud wall in the garage, in a recess so there is a gap behind it.

To stop insulation pushing / falling out the back I thought about putting a few thin strips of wood behind it.

The wood is 19mm x 32mm x 1.8m. I thought Gorilla grab adhesive would hold it but apparently not. So need to support it while it dries.

What can I use to hold it in place while it dries? Space is limited, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
just drive a few proud nail in the studs on either side of the stud bays - they will stop the insulation falling through.
although i dont see why any wood glue or adhesive wont hold your strips?
apply the glue to the strip, offer up the wood strip, and then leave it alone - thats all.

just drive a few proud nail in the studs on either side of the stud bays - they will stop the insulation falling through.
although i dont see why any wood glue or adhesive wont hold your strips?
apply the glue to the strip, offer up the wood strip, and then leave it alone - thats all.

I am using rock wool, will the nail thing still work?

I thought the adhesive would work, but the wood keeps slipping off even when held in place for a few minutes.

Sponsored Links
Long nails just driven in enough to stay put;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back