Drilling holes through RSJ's after they are fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had to drill 26 x 2 5mm holes in a load of steels. The first side took ages and I thought about the problem. I've attached a picture of how I did the second side. So, but using a thin bit of timber and leverage it was bloody easy !!

Of course, I was holding the drill whilst drilling - I didn't leave it running. The next version I did I had a small block of wood, instead of my hand, so I could stop half way through go grab a drink or as is more the case, be distracted, then come back to exactly where I left off.

Worked a dream.

Attachments

• IMG_5346.JPG
    IMG_5346.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 342
Sponsored Links
Steels are prepared (infill & plate) before installation, and a corded drill is typically used.

Oh, I know that.... Alas, these it didn't happen with !! I'd requested holes every 600mm. However, seeing as they guys came onsite, cut the four vertical 90mm posts to height, welded the plates and then cut to size four horizontal 5m long steels, fitted and bolted and two already pre-drilled at a VERY good price, I didn't have a go at them for the missing holes. Oh, they also picked 'em up from Brundles, painted and delivered them to me onsite, handball 'em up and fitted.

They did have a VERY large dog with them, that was the only thing I was really concerned about :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back