ODPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do not believe it ! as Victor Meldrew would say.
The ODPM website still has that awful Part P pic of someone using a mains tester screwdriver on a socket.
They`ve known about how wrong it is for months now.
It`s just encouraging the unlightened to become part of an electrical circuit and use a screwdriver too small for the screw.
I wonder if anyone`s sued `em yet.

Sponsored Links
You'd need an awfull lot of money to successfuly sue a government department.
Has anyone told them of their mistake? Remember the people who photograph these things are only as knowledgeable as the general public, experts cost more pennies.

YEP
I Told `em months ago and they said they already knew and would change it.
Probably got the email somewhere

whats so wrong about it? it means you get a nice warning if what you thought was isolated isn't.

Sponsored Links
Whats wrong is .
Do not use mains tester screwdrivers, as our 2391 lecturer said "What kind of idiot makes themselves part of an electrical circuit", by the way resistors can fail ask my mate he said ouch with one.
The blade on that screwdriver is far too small for a socket screw, loose connections cause overheating risk.

ebee said:
YEP
I Told `em months ago and they said they already knew and would change it.
Probably got the email somewhere

Yes just checked my emails.

15th August Ian Drummond at ODPM confirmed that they were aware the ad is faulty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back