Off the shelf internal door frame with threshold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm converting a car port which used to house the front door (with side light) so there will now need to be a standard 30" internal door there, but there also needs be a step down in to the new room as levels differ.

Is a standard 32" door frame that includes a (preferably hardwood) threshold available off the shelf?

Obvs, I'll need to make the aperture smaller for the new door frame: I'll probably tie in some Celcon blocks as that wall is now internal? What tolerance for packs is usually added to a 32" frame when doing the blockwork?

Any pointers very much appreciated.

Thank you

Dain

Sponsored Links
why don't you just fit a 32" door?

Internal door linings ("frames") do not include the threshold, which is sold and fitted separately.

Show us a pic of your other internal doors.

Are you suggesting it's usually a good idea to use an opportunity to install a slightly wider door?

The other internal doors are all 30" Georgian 6 panel pine in 32" linings

The aperture (without the old front door) is now 48"

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I thought, from reading your earlier post, that you had a gap to fit a 32" door.

48" would be a bit on the big side, unless you want to add a side light.

No, I hought I'd do the job properly: don't contribute unles you have a valid contribution, whch clearly you don't.

Just as you wish.

I read this

Is a standard 32" door frame that includes a (preferably hardwood) threshold available off the shelf?

And thought you meant you had a 32" gap.

Sorry you feel offended.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back