off work for a while

LOL ... all this sympathy is not going to help the guys poor batteries. :rolleyes:

Store discharged is the correct way AFAIK.

But being pragmatic, a walk to the garage to charge them up every fortnight will help with the physio :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hijack the post slightly. What with work being less steady than it was, I was considering the possibility of trying to get some commercial plumbing and general maintenance work. Perhaps starting off with individual or very small chains, shops, pubs, care homes, offices etc. Thought it may provide a more reliable source of work.

Dpsservices mentions that he looks after 50 pubs. Are you self-employed? How does it work, presumably you have a contract? Do they pay you for each job, and/or is there a fixed monthly payment? Presumably rates are a bit lower than private work, but the work is more reliable/regular?

If dpsservices, or anyone else, has any info about general maintenance for small commercial premises I would be interested.

on pubs its a hard contact to get but luckily my wife's uncle owns and leases over 50 pubs so for general diy i get called into sort it out. i charge per job and he pays me weekly which is handy as some weeks im hitting about a thousand miles. im employed on a self employed basics but he pays me cash which also helps. the pub pays for all the materials so all i bill him for is labour. the work i cover is deep clean kitchens (hate it) :LOL: all sorts of plumbing, broken windows, repair pub furniture, sewage blocks, building free standing smoke shelters, roof work, gutters, some painting decorating, hanging doors, locks changes, and what ever else may turn up be it moving stock around to moving tenants. as long as there is money to be made i will more or less have a go :LOL:

I don't want to start an argument, woody, But I thought NiCd batteries had a memory effect which remembers how they are left for a period. Perhaps you can correct me if I'm wrong. I am concerned that the poor guy has now had 3 conflicting bits of advice, perhaps there is a battery expert on the forum who can put us all right.

Sponsored Links
There is only one guy in the county that owns that many pubs last count around 68 ish. Frequent a few of them ;)

If your buying DP can i have a pint as well seeing as i guessed first. :p

dp do you have your claim in for incapacity benefit, gives you about 60 quid a week not a lot but better than a kick in the ass and when you start back gently you can earn around 80 quid and still claim it.

dp do you have your claim in for incapacity benefit, gives you about 60 quid a week not a lot but better than a kick in the ass and when you start back gently you can earn around 80 quid and still claim it.

never knew that worked all my life will look into it tomorrow as every little will help thanks for that do i have to call the job center

Sponsored Links
Back