off work for a while

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
due to shattering my heel and ankle i wont be able to work for the forseeable future :cry: now my question is with all my cordless power tools i own from ni cad batterys and lion batteys what will be the best way to store them ie drain all batterys and store them or just just leave them as they are :idea:
also any one near me looking for some work let me know regards david

Sponsored Links
When you purchase such products they come partly charged and have likely to have had some storage live prior to sale and use. So under that assumption, I'd susspect you leave some charge in them.
I know trying to use a cordless with no or little charge can damage the battery.
Also batteries should be strored so the terminals can not come in contact with other conductive metals.

Perhaps someone will correct me if i am wrong (goldberg comes to mind) but I think NiCd batteries are best stored fully charged, and if you are off for some time top up occasionally.(You and the drills). Seriously,though, very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, sorry dps.
Hope you recover quickly, nasty things them heel and ankle breaks :( take some time coming right :( . Best wishes

nasty injury dps! i had a similar injury around 7yrs ago, fell off a ladder (about 10ft) landed on my left leg which took the full impact, my heel split in two and a compound fracture of the shin bone. :confused: never felt pain like it.

10 days in hospital (they couldnt put a cast on until the swelling went down) and 12wks off my work.

doc said i would have a permanent limp (i dont) luckily.

good luck.

thanks for the kind words everyone much appreciated, true i have never felt pain like it :oops: and i wish it was a case of to many shandys :LOL: to be honest i am a very active person and since last sunday all i have done is lie down with my foot elevated, i think i will check into the local nut ward soon as boredom is driving me insane watched so many dvd s played so many wii games and also read so much on here going back 6 or 7 pages on some subjects :). they also said i will have a limp but time will tell if i knew how to up load pictures i would show you s the scan and xrays :p anyway thanks again for your kind word everyone

nasty injury dps! i had a similar injury around 7yrs ago, fell off a ladder (about 10ft) landed on my left leg which took the full impact, my heel split in two and a compound fracture of the shin bone. :confused: never felt pain like it.

Hope you didn't damage the pavement Alastair,,,,, council tax payers money and all that. :LOL: :LOL: As long as you're ok now, that's what matters. ;)

Roughcaster.

fell off a crane once.. about 10 foot to concrete, landed feet first but managed to limp away...
it was my own fault..
straight back of holiday... literally.. plane got in at about 4am, was in work at 7:30am..
no other sparkies on and I got told the crane wasn't going up..
I got the ladders and went up to have a look at the controls on the crane..
It was switched off.
I didn't think about the travel and was doing it mid shop..
the stupid thing had a chain travel on it, not powered.. it started to roll away from the ladder with me at the top of it..
tried to hold onto the beam as the ladder fell but couldn't so down I came..

if must have been because I sort of rolled over onto my ass as I hit the floor, taking the inertia out of the fall a bit, that meant I didn't break my legs or ankles..

Sponsored Links
Back