Oh dear only when caught out.

Sponsored Links
I wish England could go back to being how it used to be. But perhaps it will do in due course.

I think he means, occupied by the Romans

Sponsored Links
I prefer the fifties.

The 50s had their faults but there was a lot that was better than now as well.

I could settle for the mid to late 90s, even the early 2000s before Labour's experiments and "reforms" had started biting and ruining everything, not to mention the GFC which seemed to mark a sea change.

Perhaps that is the last point when things were still pretty good. Around 2004. Petrol was still fairly cheap, beer was fairly cheap, energy bills were low, if people wanted to smoke in a pub and the landlord was happy for them to do so nobody batted an eyelid and it wasn't something the government was expected to be interested in. We had about ten million less foreigners as well, infrastructure seemed less strained, the NHS basically worked. We didn't have absolutely useless minorities and women in government, whereas now, it seems to be that they are specifically chosen. Films were still good, TV was bearable, nobody was screeching on about a climate emergency. We didn't seem to have the same levels of extremely violent crime. Or endless Pride celebrations, or black history month, islamophobia awareness month, and all the other boring, fake and tedious tripe of that ilk.

We were more free. Yes, things have changed dramatically since 2004. Can you imagine if you went back to that relatively recent year and told yourself about transgenderism, covid, the inflation rate of recent years, that we have an Indian PM, a Pakistani leader of Scotland, a black leader of Wales, a gay Indian leader of Ireland who recently stood down, and a Pakistani leader of London? And that they are all bloody awful. That practically every TV advert has black people in it (and no white people)... amongst various other noteworthy differences. Wouldn't it seem a hard sell to persuade yourself that this is all now normal?

Is the country better now? I'm afraid that is definitely a hard sell.

There is a lot that has changed and not necessarily for the better. I don't think any of us actually asked for it either, although we've been brow beaten into keeping our mouths shut, which is nice. This country, which for some of us is home in the true sense, increasingly feels like a hotel or airport lounge, and a globalist cesspit. The above news item is just one of thousands of daily examples.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back