Oh dear only when caught out.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what brexit costs the average UK family. Why? Is that important when discussing stuff that does much harm to the UK economy? I'm sure I won't notice the effects of Mone's £60 million quid either.

I've noticed passport control abroad can be a drag. There is definitely a disdain for Brits abroad in Europe at the moment. Why the UK is being singled out? I don't know.

Brexit - utter pile of shít.
I've noticed no such disdain.
Obviously people who invade another country, impose their culture, take over and refuse to integrate, learn the language and customs of the locals are always unpopular.

In business you do find a little hostility as English is still the international business language and you do have to be mindful that you have the upper hand if it's your first. Learn enough, so they don't break out in their own language for fear of you understanding and you get on fine.

I've noticed no such disdain.
Obviously people who invade another country, impose their culture, take over and refuse to integrate, learn the language and customs of the locals are always unpopular.
You don't travel enough or meet enough different people then.

Sponsored Links
Labour's experiments and "reforms" had started biting and ruining everything
Blairs biggest failure was that he continued the neo liberal destruction of this country….the free market libertarian bolox you support

But Labour did not ruin everything:

Lowered pensioner poverty
Lowered child poverty
GP appointments in 48hrs not 3 weeks
Lowest NHS waiting lists in history
Investment in education
more nurses
more police
more teachers
Sure start

See the word 'net' in the post. Get a grown up to explain it to you.

You don't seem to understand the words and numbers.

EU membership factually involved a £12Bn annual membership fee (net) and a £91Bn annual trade deficit (net).

Putting to one side all the other costs of being micromanaged by an unelected bureaucracy in a different country, the basic arithmetic is simple. The financial cost to British society as a whole was £103Bn.

How do you account for that with your claim that we are now £50Bn - £100Bn a year worse off? Where is the unaccounted money coming from? It isn't from trade and it isn't from the fees that the EU gave back to us.

EU membership factually involved a £12Bn annual membership fee (net) and a £91Bn annual trade deficit (net).

Brexit red tape costs well over £12b a year

Trade deficit is irrelevant, only the uninformed try and use that as an argument

being micromanaged by an unelected bureaucracy in a different country
Micromanaged huh?

U.K. still had control of 99% of its finances, virtually all of its domestic laws and the U.K. was entirely free to do whatever it liked in terms of its domestic politics…..which was mostly destroying the country.

How do you account for that with your claim that we are now £50Bn - £100Bn a year worse off? Where is the unaccounted money coming from? It isn't from trade and it isn't from the fees that the EU gave back to us.
Massive increase in trade barriers

Loss of frictionless trade
Loss of a open access to a market of £16 trillion on our doorstep

Frictionless trade created huge opportunities for SMEs

And it encouraged global businesses to set up European operations here in the U.K.

Putting to one side all the other costs of being micromanaged by an unelected bureaucracy in a different country, the basic arithmetic is simple. The financial cost to British society as a whole was £103Bn.

I don't think that's how trade deficits work. It's a long time since I thought about it in detail, but I don't think a trade deficit actually makes a country worse off in the way you have calculated.

I don't think that's how trade deficits work. It's a long time since I thought about it in detail, but I don't think a trade deficit actually makes a country worse off in the way you have calculated.
Its just a smokescreen.

Sponsored Links
Back