Oh Dear, Z-Wave fibaro module requires box depth not less than 60mm!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Below is my latest edition to my Automated world, a Fibaro FGS-223 module what controls the upstairs hallway light and the light in the spare room next door to the switch. Cables are: feed in, light 1, light 2, 2-way switch downstairs, and switch in adjacent room.

After installing it, I noticed this in the manual! :notworthy: Think I deserve a slap on the wrist. :(

No wonder I have had space issues in the past with the Z-Wave enabled fibaro modules such as the FGS-223. Are you meant to put the modules else where but the switch back boxes?

On a side note, I am glad I checked the earth connection on the Class 1 light (Brushed aluminium type light) in the spare room as the CPC was not attached to the earth terminal and clearly had come out of the terminal block.

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
Isn't a cooker switch / shower switch / shaver socket box 47mm ?

Not sure if I've seen any deeper than that. What size box have you used?

I havent seen a standard back box that is more than 47mm. But I'll bet some smartypants knows better than me!!

It probably was originally designed for American/European installations which I believe have fairly deep back boxes. However from the installations I've seen those are not usually mounted sideways on but rather flat along the back of the back box. (see below for an example). I believe these can also be installed at the light fitting if you have the room (and can make use of the neutral too). I actually have the fibaro dimmer being delivered today to play around with, so might be able to offer a little more feedback at some point.

oojqNwt.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back