Stupid me has gone and blown a Fibaro FGS-223 Z-Wave double switch module!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short, the Fibaro FGS-223 module was inside a IP56 enclosure outdoors that controls the driveway lights, and I was having wireless rage issues between the module and my Z-Wave enabled Samsung SmartThings hub.

After much trouble with the module only working when the SmartThings hub was in the front bedroom, I decided to connect the modules antenna up to the mains earth in the hope that the Z-Wave signals would travel down the mains earth wiring to the Fibaro FGS-223 module.

Needless to say, on doing that, the module immediately blew the 2A fuse in the FCU feeding the driveway lights.

On replacing the 2A fuse in the FCU, the fault had cleared it self with the module then only working with the physical hard wired switch that you can wire to it for manual control.

Could not manage to reset it and then re-add it in my Z-Wave network, so have ordered a new Fibaro FGS-223 module along with a Z-Wave repeater/amplifier.

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
Do these make their own mesh network when all connected together? If so you could add a dummy z-wave device somewhere between the dimmer module and the smartthings hub to try overcome the signal issue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back