Oh Rwanda

I have always thought something much more robust needs done to reduce the numbers coming across from France.

I would never think this is the right solution, especially to a country that has atrocious human rights record.

And as this thread alludes to, it will be very interesting to follow the money on this if it actually gets up and running.

Sponsored Links
Plus it will deter them and reduce the numbers as well.
I think that's the whole point. If I was fleeing persecution or war, I'd be only too grateful to be taken to any safe country while my genuine claim for asylum was being processed. Of course, if I was on the scrounge and not a genuine case, I'd be reluctant to cross the channel if I knew I was going to be immediately whipped off 4,000 miles from my intended land of milk and honey as it would mean a long trip back to Calais for another shot of economic migration.

What's almost laughable in a way is some (many?) people that think this is a great idea will consider themselves to be good solid Christians. For those that are religious, perhaps they need to stop and think what God and his human rep Jesus would make of this plan. On one hand they'll quite happily say 'great plan!' on the other they'll quite happily attend church/kirk and pray to God.

It's a funny old world ...

Sponsored Links
It will never happen, it is too ridiculous to even give it time.

Local elections coming up soon !

I think that's the whole point. If I was fleeing persecution or war, I'd be only too grateful to be taken to any safe country while my genuine claim for asylum was being processed
the vast majority do

the numbers that stay in France, Germany etc are far higher

my intended land of milk and honey
this is an old trope

these people do not come here for money

the reason the majority come is because they either have family or the speak English

It gets better. The illegals will be given a one way ticket! :cool:

Happy Easter. Praise the lord.

And they are just reporting what someone has said what he thinks it will cost. Could have been anybody saying any amount if there's no reasoning behind it other than to suck in 'news' quote forwarding merchants such as yourself.
I get that Mottie, and it's the reason why right wing rags should not be trusted.
However, if it turns out to be true,then we might as well build each refugee a 5 bed home. It would be cheaper.(y)

the reason the majority come is because they either have family or the speak English

English is one of the official languages of Rwanda so that shouldn't be a concern. As to your other excuse..........cobblers! That's been trotted out for years and will continue to be trotted out for years to come as long as we keep allowing them over in that basis so best we start relocating them in Rwanda now and their future generations of family can be sent to join them there. Rwanda said they'll take them for a fee so it's a win win win for the UK, Rwanda and the poor migrants. Everyone should be happy including you. (y)

I get that Mottie, and it's the reason why right wing rags should not be trusted.
However, if it turns out to be true,then we might as well build each refugee a 5 bed home. It would be cheaper.(y)
Oh such narrow mindedness. :rolleyes: Always looking at the headline figure

Not cheaper on the schools, NHS, the worker's pension pot, the prison service, crime, black economy, slave working, the cost of policing, border patrols and Naval assistance, the lifeboat Ubers.

Plus the unquantifiable cost of the time and resources dealing with the illegal horde, and resources better used looking after the people that have actually paid for them.

Would it be legal under international law to send these people 1000's of miles away without their consent.
I know that these days most of the big powers break international law with impunity but still, if an illegal immigrant withdraws their claim to asylum wouldn't they have to be returned across the channel.

lets see the idiots answer this:

If these people are coming here because of economic reasons, why would they give up their life savings to get £35 a week?

makes no sense

lets see the idiots answer this:

If these people are coming here because of economic reasons, why would they give up their life savings to get £35 a week?

makes no sense
The pot of gold awaiting at Dover.

It's quite simple

Sponsored Links
Back