Oi, you, get back to work!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Retire at an earlier age? How dare you! This sort of thing should only be the preserve of the wealthy! GET YOURSELF BACK TO WORK!!

My take on working is do you live to work or work to live (asking rhetorically.) If you're keen to retire from 50-55 and can make the financials work, good luck to you I say. And of course, if anyone who has retired early needs/wants to return to the workforce for whatever reason, then good luck to them also.

Can't STAND reading things in these sort of articles like 'daddy was a writer and said without writing he'd be nothing. Working was his life. He was writing up until the day before he passed.'

Doing something you love is a LOT different to doing something that pays the bills and isn't particularly enjoyed. I can't wait to be retired and will do so as soon as the financials allow. Unfortunately I don't have £750 million in the bank to do it that bit earlier ...

Sponsored Links
Five minutes ago there were complaints when they scrapped compulsory retirement age that retirement age workers staying on were denying employment to younger people.

Obviously the lack of willing EE workers is calling for desperate measures.

Sponsored Links
Get the youth of today to more than play with their 'phones/screens/computers. I gave up work when I hit 63, I'm now back part time working harder for less money cause my boss can't get an apprentice or even a youngster for love let alone money.

The covid scamdemic has ruined everything; it has destroyed the work ethic of many people; devalued the currency; ceded personal independence and power to unaccountable political and business interests; bought the media and closed pubs and businesses all over the country.

Get the youth of today to more than play with their 'phones/screens/computers. I gave up work when I hit 63, I'm now back part time working harder for less money cause my boss can't get an apprentice or even a youngster for love let alone money.
Why?
If you retired, why go back to do more for less?

The covid scamdemic
Haven't played this for a long time,

1671891384681.png

Why are you bleating...you have decided to be a martyr . Frankly the young have more sense they know how to monetize their endeavours and if their endeavors are not rewarded they don't play....

it was your age group that voted to become wage slaves...the ending of the full employment commitment by all governments post war and build an unemployed underclass to keep wages low...it was called thatcherism remember that...Now you moan about the country you made...give it a rest and suck up it up.

Why are you bleating...you have decided to be a martyr . Frankly the young have more sense they know how to monetize their endeavours and if their endeavors are not rewarded they don't play....

it was your age group that voted to become wage slaves...the ending of the full employment commitment by all governments post war and build an unemployed underclass to keep wages low...it was called thatcherism remember that...Now you moan about the country you made...give it a rest and suck up it up.
Bitter or what?

How do you know he voted for thatcher ?

Tbh imo it’s your generation that had caused issues

The want some thing for nothing generation ?

The world owes. Me a living generation

Snow flakes and whingers :ROFLMAO:

I'm not bleating about going back on the tools - it keeps me out of the wife's way and me active. Not to worried about the money but does pay for a few extra beers and toys. What I am bleating about is the lack of interest from youngsters who could be learning a trade preferring to play with screen based kit.

I don't know. I retired at 50'ish & after a few months of idle leisure I found myself looking for a way back into the cut & thrust.

I'm not bleating about going back on the tools - it keeps me out of the wife's way and me active. Not to worried about the money but does pay for a few extra beers and toys. What I am bleating about is the lack of interest from youngsters who could be learning a trade preferring to play with screen based kit.
Youth unemployment is quite low at the moment at around 10%

Compared to the 1970s it was in the region of 20-30%.

So it seems that the current batch of pensioners were on average lazier than modern man, woman and other?

Sponsored Links
Back