Oil based paint and water based paint

There are some conspiracy theories that shed Dulux trade isn't the same as DD centre or Brewers. I don't know, but my recommendation would be to go to an independent decorators merchant and buy your choice of paint. Crown, Dulux, Johnstones are all fine (if not my first choice) for what you want.

Joe, just stop being a twit, if you want silly arguments go over to GD.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. I'm in Middlesbrough and the nearest Brewers is in Leeds, 60 miles away but I'll try my local Dulux decorator centre, assuming they sell to the general public.

Meanwhile I've just bought a 10L tub of No Nonsense Trade Contract Matt from Screwfix. I've got it mainly to do mist coats on reskimmed walls and ceiling of small bedroom and bathroom but it's got great reviews on the Screwfix website so I might even use it for my artexed ceilings throughout the house. Artex? Yes, I know - I'm behind the times!

There are some conspiracy theories that shed Dulux trade isn't the same as DD centre or Brewers. I don't know, but my recommendation would be to go to an independent decorators merchant and buy your choice of paint. Crown, Dulux, Johnstones are all fine (if not my first choice) for what you want.

Joe, just stop being a twit, if you want silly arguments go over to GD.

I'm speaking the truth. You are just being plain silly. Contact Dulux and ask them if they are selling off rubbish as Trade Paint in the sheds. They could do with a laugh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back