Oil/bitumen sands of Alberta.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been reading up a bit about this to see if they will save the world.

Sadly they won't.

Apart from creating an environmental disaster, they really won't help much at all.

Every day we use 87 million barrels of oil. Next year it will be 90, the year after 93. So what can we expect from Alberta? In the year 2025 when it is at full production - around 3 million barrels per day. Our needs in 2025 will be 120 million barrels of oil per day. Sadly we will be lucky to get 40 or 50 by that time.

To produce one barrel of oil they must mine, transport and process two tonnes of sand. It's just a logistical impossibility to produce more than that. So forget the oil sands - we are still heading for the stone age. Sorry folks, I'll let you know if I find a real answer.

http://www.moneyweek.com/file/21765/are-canadian-tar-sands-the-answer-to-our-oil-needs.html

Sponsored Links
iraq and iran will solve the oil problem for the next 20 years.
Number one has already been conquered, number two will be carpet bombed by the israelis in a few weeks.
the us admin has already sorted the oil problem out.

Number one has already been conquered, number two will be carpet bombed by the israelis in a few weeks.

I suggest you have a look at a World map, if Iran was bombed it could easily prevent shipment of any oil through the Gulf of Oman.
Result........Joe-90's predictions coming true.

I suggest you have a look at a World map, if Iran was bombed it could easily prevent shipment of any oil through the Gulf of Oman.
Result........Joe-90's predictions coming true.

i doubt that iran will be able to prevent anything after being hit by israeli nukes. thats what they'll use, make no mistake, they are nutters.

Sponsored Links
Number one has already been conquered, number two will be carpet bombed by the Israelis in a few weeks.

I seem to recall that Iran has a defence treaty with Russia and China buys most of its oil from Iran. The USA supports Israel.

Sounds like an Armageddon scenario to me.

i doubt that iran will be able to prevent anything after being hit by israeli nukes. thats what they'll use, make no mistake, they are nutters.

And as Iran is the Worlds second largest exporter of oil, and a member of OPEC........That will help us how exactly......?

It won't help us. Unless we can give up our dependancy on oil.
Joe tells us we are past peak oil anyway so perhaps we should start planning to do without the stuff. (Doesn't look likely though)
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad makes no secret of his desire to see the state of Israel dissolved.
Israel are also known to be one of the planet’s best-armed nuclear powers. When the world condemns Israel (as they will) and their back is up against the wall and isolated they will launch them IMO.
Thats the armageddon scenario. :(
Ahmadinejad doesn't have the full support of the people in his country and if an attack is launched by Israel he will recieve 100% backing.
Russia will step in also.
So its in his interests to provoke an attack as far as I can see.
Whatever happens in the west "they had it coming". I would guess would be his opinion as to our problems with the fallout.

The government needs to enforce a return to National Service for Teddy Boys getting them to wash and cut their hair will solve the oil crisis for the next couple of hundred years at least by my reckoning.

The last thing the AF needs is trying to control a bunch of shysters - they're stretched enough as it is.

Sharia Law, it's the only way :LOL:.

You've been watching far too many movies Norcon.

The major World powers will not create Armageddon over Israel or anyone else ... Self preservation will always come first.

MW

Don't have a television Megawatt so don't watch movies.
Rely on white papers mostly. ;)

Israel has stated in the past that it will not tolerate a nuclear armed Iran. And rightly so, President Ahmadinejad seems willing to martyr his nation for the sake of destroying Israel. He has stated, "Is there art that is more beautiful, more divine, and more eternal than the art of martyrdom? A nation with martyrdom knows no captivity.

It might depend on how reliant on industry and machinery any particular society is as to how much they risk keeping it going?

So ... Israel nukes Iran and the major powers share the oil :LOL:

The major powers will not intervene if it would mean Armageddon is my point.

MW

Sponsored Links
Back