Oil boiler flue within 1 metre of boundary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has an outdoor boiler and the plume 75% of the time drifts over my patio and conservatory. My neighbour knows that it causes a nuisance but says he will do nothing about it. Any ideas as what I should do next

Sponsored Links
How far away is the flue from the boundary? how high is it off the ground? Can you also upload an image as that might highlight issues with the flue's location.

Is the flue/boiler a recent thing the neighbour has had done or has this been a long standing issue?

Last edited:
The flue is about 1 to 1.5m from the boundary and 800mm from the floor. It's a Worcester bosh outdoor boiler. Thanks

Don't think you can do much as it's more than 760mm from the boundary,but you can have a word with the council they could make him fit a plume diverter.Bob

Sponsored Links
All to M.I's, so complain to Council Environmental who can enforce plume management.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back