oil boiler from hell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
helllo people ,resently moved house turned on oil burner it tried to start then stopped wouldnt start again .i then removed the burner to find the boiler was full of water [no cap on flue noooo!] so i drianed all the water out cleaned the boiler and burner replacing the nozzle and bleeding the oil .still woulded fire but could hear electrode sparking ,i opened the fan or blower and gave it a spin the thing fired and kept going until themastat temp then stopped and wouldnt fire when the temp dropped below setting.could anyone tell me what the hell is going with the mad thing? ps its riello 40 burner ;)

Sponsored Links
If you are having to flick the fan to get the motor to spin, then replace the start capacitor bolted on the side of the motor. John :)

THANKS GUYS WHERE WOULD I GET A START CAP AND HOW DO I GET IT OUT TO REPLACE SORRY FOR REPLING LATE BUT WORK COMES FIRST :oops:

Sponsored Links
Nay mate red wine comes first :cool: but after that have a look at heating-parts uk for your cap - it will be 4 or 5uf I think, but replace like for like... Expose the motor and fan on thine burner and the cap will reside within. John :)

burner man is a mind reader sitting havin a glass of cabernet sauvignon shiraz 2oo9[the taste of south africa :LOL: ] in the cold with 2 jumpers on . will check out web again thanks 4 reply and b good ;)

You will need a 4uf capacitor part number 3005798 and to fit it you will have to remove the control box, remove the two white wires from the wiring base from capacitor. capacitor will unscrew from fan housing and just replace (oh and when disconnecting white wires from wiring base remember where they go back for new capacitor) :D

good man martin ur a family saver, as u can probably tell ive had a couple glasses of wine [ie monday club :LOL: ] . shes in mas warm house im in cold new house but thi info will keep me in good books thanks again :rolleyes:

hello all thanks a lot for the help ,it was the cap heating seems to be running fine house is warm horray!!! in good books with the lady of the house thanks again to all who helped :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back