Oil boiler not firing up. Lockout mode when trying.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the pump replaced on a camray compact 50/70 along with the hoses and valve. Worked for 2 weeks now it’s in lockout mode. Tried to reset it but doesn’t fire at all (video in link below as have asked on Reddit too).

It did sound quite loud when it was working.

Is there anything I can try before the plumber arrives?

Sponsored Links
Any number of things possible
Have you got oil? If its on a tiger loop or similar is there oil in that? Make sure fire valve hasn't worked.
Check boiler overheat stat even if light isn't showing its a old boiler!
If its sounded louder since new pump maybe not set up correctly? Was pump pressure checked and a combustion analysis done?

I have seen the video . That will be either a faulty motor or capacitor . Chances are that a new capacitor will get it up and running

Why was the pump replaced ? Sometimes these fail and leak into the motor which then siezes the bearings pretty quick

Yes it was from a leak. The other reply on the video said the same. New bearings for now it is. You don’t happen to have a link to the part I need do you? Boulter Camry compact 50/70.

Sponsored Links
Yes have oil, tiger loop has oil in it too so all good there. Yes it was pressure checked and pump was installed ok. The pump was replaced because of a leak and it seems the oil gets onto the lubricant on the bearings they can wear away, hopefully that’s the issue. Still waiting for my plumber to arrive .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back