Oil boiler question. Does a DK0972 Satronic control box work on a DK0970?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but my supplier told me that a TF832 Satronic control box also works on a boiler that uses a TF830. Was he correct in saying that?

If that is true does a DK0972 control box also work on a burner using a DK0970?

When I read about the difference between these two kinds. One is a single stage, and the other is a two stage, am I right in thinking a two stage is for a oil pump that has a soft start solenoid?

Sponsored Links
Your post's suggest you are new to this. Have you done any training ??

Your post's suggest you are new to this. Have you done any training ??
Yes I am OFTEC registered. Worked as a plumber for quite a few years, and now most the work I do for the past year is working on oil boilers. There is still things I do not know though. There are a few guys I noticed on the forum who do a lot of work on oil boilers, so I though this would be a very good place to ask any questions I am unsure of.

The OFTEC course I have done does not cover fault finding etc, as you probably know. I know there are specific courses out there for it, but they are literally hundreds of miles away from where I live.

I do not have the OFTEC qualification for Cookers, or commercial boilers. I am going to sit them in a few years when I have to renew my qualification.

Sponsored Links
Unless you are installing and need to notify work.....Ofuck is a waste of money.
Yes, you are probably right.

I do some installing, and I do the commissioning and documents for other installers.

If you look at the wiring diagrams on the relevant boxes you will be able to see the difference. Basicsally the '2' versions will wok as the '0' versions.
All the OFTEC courses I've seen cover basic fault finding, but you will appreciate it is no substitute for proper training. Following the manufacturers fault charts will give you all the facts you need to find faults, but you need to apply some common sense to them, or you'll end up replacing every PCB you come across.

If you look at the wiring diagrams on the relevant boxes you will be able to see the difference. Basicsally the '2' versions will wok as the '0' versions.
All the OFTEC courses I've seen cover basic fault finding, but you will appreciate it is no substitute for proper training. Following the manufacturers fault charts will give you all the facts you need to find faults, but you need to apply some common sense to them, or you'll end up replacing every PCB you come across.
Thank you very much for your help.

I'll give you some advice do not sign off anyone else's work just do the commissioning if you sign off something it's your pigeon when it goes wrong best wises.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back