Oil Boiler replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace my oil boiler with one that sits outside the house.

I have been advised that a Grant Vortex Pro-Outdoor 15/21 is my best bet.

Any views as to price/quality/ reliability of this and other suitable oil boilers gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Grant seem to be flavour of the year, although Worcester have taken notice, and are starting to up their game on the oil front. Have a look at their boilers as well.

although Worcester have taken notice, and are starting to up their game on the oil front. Have a look at their boilers as well.

What! you mean theyve exiled the entire product design department to a Siberian salt mine, and got the tea lady to knock up some decent products. Wonderful news :cool:

Sponsored Links
can someone tell me who designed the new wb heatslave so i can kill them :evil: such a pain to fit, iv gone to fitting grant.

think warmflow do one. have to admit the only time iv come across one was in the assesment room.

We install the Grant and the Bosch oil external combis.

It is a difficult call because both have good and bad points. Once you have installed a few external heatslaves the awkward bits become easier, the flue instructions are a bit confusing but it is like riding a bike. Once you have got the hang of it, it's easy.

If you go to a Grant larger installer, you'll get 3 yrs warranty, similarly if you go to a Worcester A+ installer, you'll get 5 years warranty. Both Parts and Labour.

Both boilers come with a 2 yr warranty if not installed by the above.

Most of our customers go for the Worcester because of the warranty.

Worcester Bosch claim that 3 out of 4 oil fired combis installed in the UK are their Heatslaves (source: Worcester Installer Choice Magazine, May 2009 edition).

I recently fitted a Mistral for my sis... I'm sure that the more experienced oil installers will tell me what a mistake I have made...... But I quite liked it and seems much better than the Worcester that it replaced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back