oil boilers

If no oil is reaching the firevalve, have a look at the filter and water separator right back at the tank....
As for the rest, did you forget your prayers or something? :confused:
The Landy probably has some moisture in the hydraulics maybe?
John :)

Sponsored Links
I have a coupling outside the house from where I have been draining the diesel with no probs. is kero thinner and lighter than diesel?
landy has manual lever for difflock probably frozen links as i used it for work all last week and this, just so I could get around. luckily boss paid for diesel.

I live in a village, in Beds, we have it quite bad but better than Scotland! my work area is berks, and hants four wheel drive has been essential!
hope you're keeping busy
frank

Kero is classed as a 28 second oil whereas diesel is 35 second, so diesel is the thicker fuel. This was measured on something called a Redwood scale, years ago.
Keep those diff locks in!
We finally got kero yesterday :D after I fixed the tankers electric diff lock. :eek:
We now have 14" of snow, and icicles from roof to ground. Our local roads have had a scraper along them, and the surface now is better suited to Torvill and Dean :confused:
Be safe

Sponsored Links
I'm sure there is, but I've no idea as to the differences / formulations within them....we just know it as 28 sec class C stuff, but fuel for jet engines is also known as kerosene.
Diesel fuel or heavy oil is 35 sec and it doesn't matter if its red or white as far as the viscosity is concerned.
I think a few years ago we all knew kero as paraffin anyway!

well... the reason why i ask is...

i know someone who had a new boiler installed, connected to an existing oil supply for another boiler.

the new boiler never run correctly and turned out (according to plumber) to be that the owner brought the boiler off the internet and was never commissioned correctly and wasnt adjusted/modifed to run on the kero that was used/delivered for the old boiler...!!

does that make sense?

don't worry about the diesel. All modern boilers will work with both. If it is set up for kerosene (28sec) all that will happen with diesel(35sec) is that you will experience some sooting when it fires up from cold. with your ratio of mix i would be amazed if you notice anything.

I have a number of boilers running 35 sec which according to manufacturers should only be run 28sec They have operated for over 5 years with no problems.

Just as posted, all burners will burn heavy oil, so long as the nozzle is suitable, pump pressure is adjusted (higher) and the air supply is correct.
However, some units say use 28 sec only....maybe using 35 sec could cause overfiring and perhaps longer term damage to the boiler - who knows?
Apparently our European neighbours tend to use 35 sec anyway.
It seems that the heavy oil burners use an H or an S nozzle, rather than the more typical EH one, but I know nowt about that!

this new tranico combi did say 28 sec only.. but i cant imagine he uses 35sec for his 4 other boilers..

:eek:

can he?

are you saying my boiler runs on jet fuel??? ho ho .any body got any esso blue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back