Oil burner locks out after running for a few minutes

The capacitor controls the starting up of the motor - it won't cause the burner to cut out but if it is faulty the motor may be prevented from turning at the next command for a start. In this case I'd doubt if its faulty.
Look at the cap for swelling or burning at the end, and fitting a new one for sure won't do any harm.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Great, see what today brings fitting them.

Out of interest does anybody know of an engineer in Nottinghamshire that could have a look?

Thanks

Update.... Solenoid has been fitted and has now been running for an hour.... Compared to 5 minutes over the last few days.

Thanks to all that took the time to respond so quickly and helped with the fault finding.

Sponsored Links
Good Afternoon,

We seem to have another problem with our boiler, twice today to boiler seems to be tripping the main RCD fuse box, of I leave it for a while the oil boiler fires up andd runs for an hour or so then it happens again.
It's a HRM wallstar Boiler

Many thanks

Good evening,

we have lots of snow melting, very damp, everything appears dry in the boiler, our central heating pump upstairs has always made a small noise, I'm wondering if this could be at fault? The boiler seems to run for an hour or so then power in the whole house cuts out,
Lights etc all stay on

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back