Oil Burner Nozzles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered a couple of replacement nozzles recently for my Sterling 40 oil burner. I asked for Danfoss 0.65 80EH but was sent 0.65 80H. When challenged to resend me the right ones, the supplier has tried to assure me that the H type are interchangeable with the EH type - so no problem. Or is there?

If it was that simple, then why would Danfoss go to all the trouble of making and marketing two different types?

I've looked on the Danfoss website, but can only find that the EH says Kerosene and the H type doesn't, so before I try it (and therefore void any chance of getting it replaced) does anyone have any advice?

Cheers, DickM

Sponsored Links

Yes WDIK, I saw that, but that just confirms that H and EH have the same 'hollow' spray pattern; it doesn't say what the difference between H and EH is.

However, the product range page says that the EH range are "Special nozzles for oil burners used on kerosene", but does say what makes them 'special' or whether a 'non-special' H-range can be used with Kerosene or not.

You can use either EH or H

No problems........just curious though how are you going to check the combustion levels?

Have you got a smoke tester and analyiser?

Sponsored Links

No problems....

OK, I was getting that impression; though I'm still curious as to why they would make two types that are exactly the same.

....just curious though how are you going to check the combustion levels?

No. I'm just replacing a partially blocked nozzle with a new one. I'm not intending to make any other adjustments, so the combustions levels shouldn't change. When it next needs a full service, I'll gladly pay someone with all the kit to do all the proper tests and adjustments again.

No problems........just curious though how are you going to check the combustion levels?

Not quite "no problems"

The H nozzles are 15% tolerance, the EH are selected to be 5% tolerance, so changing a nozzle may require some adjustment in the case of EH, and almost certainly in the case of H. You won't know the nozzle is good until you have tested it, so you need test equipment too if you want it to be clean AND efficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back