Oil depot explosion

supersparks said:
thats more like it joe :LOL:

we will indeed have to see what becomes of this, if it was intentional there are plenty of fuels that could be used to provide instant fuel mixes, imagine pumping nitrous oxide into one of the tanks with the fuel!

:eek:

When you get the science right - I can believe it. It's a very credible theory.

joe

Sponsored Links
Far be it from me to argue with one so great as to be able to diagnose a faulty flow switch, but have you LISTENED to anything on the news reports? All of the witnesses to the first explosion said there was a rumbling sound followed by a large bang. If it had been any type of explosive device, it would have been a loud bang, no preceding rumble. But then all the witnesses have probably been paid by the terrorists so they all give the same story. How silly of me not to think of that before posting.

plus not all fuel stoarge tanks have floating baffles. ok most do. but not all.
if you had ever worked at a depot (as i have) you would know that many of them mearly vent to atmosphere through a pressure relief valve.
If you have to drain the tank and vent them for cleaning, AVCAT and OFF SPEC (MoD cat) need cleaning and relining every 4 years, it can be upto a week before you can enter the tank after full venting. If the tank was emptied but not vented yet ,then you have one very explosive fuel air mix bomb available. It may be that they were draining tanks 1 and 6 (at each end) and using tanks 2,3,4,5 for storage of the fuel taht would have been in the tanks, those two tanks would have been connected via a manifold and this may be the link why the two furthest tanks blew and the others foloweds later (or were not touched).
anyway. unlike some on here, i do not know the area and the layout of buncefield so cannot and will not comment on the procedures at this depot. some people do.. and i'll leave the likes of spark and oilman to comment.
others who seem to know everything about the depot from sky and everything about phyiscs from the discovery channel might take the time to listen and wait for experts to answer the questions.

dabaldie said:
others who seem to know everything about the depot from sky and everything about phyiscs from the discovery channel might take the time to listen and wait for experts to answer the questions.

Where's the fun in that? What are you in the thread for? just wait until it appears in the Times a few months from now.

joe

Sponsored Links
well said dabaldie, i dont know the procedures for them but i was told that they were filled with water so as to force the fuel air mix out

but, only time will tell

What are you in the thread for?
to point out to know it alls like you that you may actually be wrong occasionally.
so lets summarise shall we?.
you learnt you detail knowledge of buncefield from sky and News 24.
Your detailed knowledge of physics and chemistry from The Discovery Channel
and you believe everything you read in the papers..
just wait until it appears in the Times a few months from now.
hmm. i wonder who i will listen to.. you probably get your detailed knowledge of child psychology from CBeebies

over and out

i dont know the procedures for them but i was told that they were filled with water so as to force the fuel air mix out
yup a typical practice once they had been drained down.

dabaldie said:
What are you in the thread for?
to point out to know it alls like you that you may actually be wrong occasionally.
so lets summarise shall we?.
you learnt you detail knowledge of buncefield from sky and News 24.
Your detailed knowledge of physics and chemistry from The Discovery Channel
and you believe everything you read in the papers..
just wait until it appears in the Times a few months from now.
hmm. i wonder who i will listen to.. you probably get your detailed knowledge of child psychology from CBeebies

over and out

I'm never wrong. everyone knows that.

BTW - what difference would it make if I knew Buncefield or not? It's a matter of chemistry.

And what has child psychology to do with the thread?

Yeah I guess so. They use some sort of stuff with a copper strip that causes a V shock wave that cuts steel like butter.

some sort of stuff? yes youve enlightened me there. That some sort of stuff you describe is a cutting explosive, designed to cut through metal etc and comes as a cord, similar to det cord. I suppose the terrorist could have wrapped it around the fuel stores few times, but all that would have done would have been to cut through the steel, not ignite the fuel, you plank. If you want a discussion about explosives their effects and demolition i suggest you try it with someone who wasnt a trained Royal Engineer. Either that or watch a few more episodes on the discovery channel. Does give me a good laugh though at your expense.

Have you not twigged from the various comments on threads that you get involved with, that it is so transparant as to be laughable that you have little clue what you are talking about.

Thermo said:
Yeah I guess so. They use some sort of stuff with a copper strip that causes a V shock wave that cuts steel like butter.

some sort of stuff? yes youve enlightened me there. That some sort of stuff you describe is a cutting explosive, designed to cut through metal etc and comes as a cord, similar to det cord. I suppose the terrorist could have wrapped it around the fuel stores few times, but all that would have done would have been to cut through the steel, not ignite the fuel, you plank. If you want a discussion about explosives their effects and demolition i suggest you try it with someone who wasnt a trained Royal Engineer. Either that or watch a few more episodes on the discovery channel. Does give me a good laugh though at your expense.

Have you not twigged from the various comments on threads that you get involved with, that it is so transparant as to be laughable that you have little clue what you are talking about.

You obviously have no knowledge whatsoever about explosives. I don't care if you you WERE trained by the Royal Mail Engineers.

I've seen it on the TV stunt shows that petrol (gasoline to you) was detonated using explosives. Stick with me, kid, I'll learn ya.

joe

well joe thats it youve got me. Your applied logic, knowledge of books and the discovery channel has knocked all my practical experiance and knowledge into a cocked hat.

All i can say is well done. you have surpassed yourself and you have shown yourself to be an utter waste of breath and cringeworthy. Your just like the bloke in the pub, who stands there and knows everything about everything and has got every single tee shirt. In the end you just show yourself for what you are, and end up being a laughingstock, which is pretty much what you are

**** me youre thick. Ive already said it cuts steel, showing me a link to another one of your stupid conspiracy links just proves what a sad geek you are

One day you are an ex copper. The next you are a Royal Mail Engineer.

What will it be tomorrow?

joe

ill send you my life history of you want, its been a pretty full one, unlike yours which is just full of it.

Sponsored Links
Back