Oil filled electric towel rail, advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wife has seen one of these & wants to replace our radiator with one.

Are they any good first, I don't imagine they give off the same heat as a normal rad.

I like the idea of being able to switch it on in the summer without heating the whole house.

Connecting it up is my next question. I've attached two photos to show what electric I already have in the bathroom & bedroom.

Can it be connected via these switches. Am I allowed to do it myself or is it an electrian only.
Cheers for any replies.

Attachments

• IMG_20200307_154427424.jpg
    IMG_20200307_154427424.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20200307_154349169.jpg
    IMG_20200307_154349169.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 260
Sponsored Links
The wife has seen one of these & wants to replace our radiator with one.
Wives are like that.

Are they any good first, I don't imagine they give off the same heat as a normal rad.
They are all right for what they are but replacing a radiator with a towel rail won't be as good.
You can get towel rails for the central heating which also have an electric element.

I like the idea of being able to switch it on in the summer without heating the whole house.
You could turn off the radiators you don't want to heat.
I wouldn't think replacing the bedroom radiator would be sensible.

Connecting it up is my next question. I've attached two photos to show what electric I already have in the bathroom & bedroom.
Can it be connected via these switches. Am I allowed to do it myself or is it an electrian only.
Hard to tell where they are. If suitable, could be used. You may do it yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back