Oil fired central heating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Firebird olympic S 50/70 Oil fired boiler installed, which was recently serviced, soon after servicing the boiler started locking out, I called the engineer back and he said I needed a new control box/spark generator, which he promptly fitted and charged me £80, but the problem persisted, after ringing him several times he failed to turn up ( I guess its beyond his expertise). The boiler locks more often when the weather is colder, several times a day, but when the weather is milder it will run for up to a week without a problem, anybody got any advice as to what to look for, I have a fairly good understanding of how it works. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Those burners (not only on Firebird) are currently causing quite a few problems. Ring Firebird for the name of a Mr. Fixit. At least you have the chance of getting someone who is not merely a bit changer. You could refit the original box, to see if it works. Then find the real problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back