Oil Fired Central Heating

Try opening the one that gets hot first fully, and the other one by only half a turn. If not getting hot, open another quarter of a turn at a time.

Sponsored Links
Try opening the one that gets hot first fully, and the other one by only half a turn. If not getting hot, open another quarter of a turn at a time.
All the rads get hot, the annoying thing is they go off when the one where the thermastat is goes off. That's not so bad during the day as I can move the thermastat around, but like now we have the woodburner a light so if I put the thermastat in another room the rads in the rooms that are heated by the woodburner also come on so it is much to hot.
If we didn't have the woodburner we would freeze as once the room has heated to the target temperature the rads go off and don't come on until the temperature has dropped really low.
What we would like to be able to do is control each radiator separately, turning the valve up or down doesn't seem to make any difference. I suppose we could turn the sitting room and dining room rads off in the evening and put the thermastat in one of the other rooms.
Many hears ago we had central heating run off the Rayburn, that was much more efficient as all the rads stayed on all the time.

We have thought of doing that. Are they expensive and would we be able to fit them ourselves? Only this is a rented property so we don't want to spend a fortune on it. Are there any that will control each rad separately that aren't WiFi?

Sponsored Links
I put wireless stat in the kitchen diner, open plan so slow to heat, all other rooms have stat valves to correct the temp .
As mentioned previously the stat needs to be in the room where correct temp is reached last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back