Oil guys (Installation)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just had a message from the missus saying her friend has just had an oil boiler installed and she said that they have had to put it on a pallet otherwise she would have a hole in the wall!

Now am I right in saying that this is far from acceptable and what regs would this fall under?

I'm Gas safe and do the odd service or breakdown on oil but don't install.

I'd also like to know if a fire valve should be fitted on a new boiler install because I doubt it will have.

I'm going up there in a short while to pick up the old boiler to strip for any useful spares so will get some pictures.

Think it was a Worcester Heatslave 20/25 in there before.

TIA Jon

Sponsored Links
I would have thought it much better for one who knows a little about heating to find out exactly from the internet resources of Manufacturers Instructions. If you know gas, then don't you think standards are going to be similar?

It should have a remote acting fire valve to comply with building regs should ot be on a pallet it should be on a sound base contact OFTEC and building services.Bob

I would have thought it much better for one who knows a little about heating to find out exactly from the internet resources of Manufacturers Instructions. If you know gas, then don't you think standards are going to be similar?

Had no access to MI's as I had not seen the install so knew not the boiler.

My question (well more of a clarification) was that they should be stood on a non combustible and stable base, I wasn't even sure pallet would be the right description as you know what women are like.

Having now visited to take a look it turns out it is perched on a wooden pallet and it definitely is the final install! oil pipework is shocking, fire valve phial has just been balanced on top of the burner and the flue is non compliant too. Its a Grant Vortex Pro Combi 21e

See pics...(excuse the crappy quality its a bad phone camera)

oil 1.JPG oil 2.JPG oil 3.JPG oil 4.JPG oil 5.JPG oil 6.JPG

Sponsored Links
Not a problem, all I had was a text to go off to start with.

They have to come back supposedly, to fit a programmer but I doubt they will return. CD10/CD11 aren't filled out, no company details left. I have a list of faults made up for her to present to them that need rectifying before completion.

Install is well below par to say the least.

Jon

Not a problem, all I had was a text to go off to start with.

They have to come back supposedly, to fit a programmer but I doubt they will return. CD10/CD11 aren't filled out, no company details left. I have a list of faults made up for her to present to them that need rectifying before completion.

Install is well below par to say the least.

Jon
Well below par ?? IT'S A FOOKIN JOKE !!!
Fookin stood on a pallet !!!!...........They could at least have used Breeze blocks !:whistle:

Well below par ?? IT'S A FOOKIN JOKE !!!
Fookin stood on a pallet !!!!...........They could at least have used Breeze blocks !:whistle:

Funny you should say that! They have been back out today and fitted the programmer. Salus RF500, they then redid the base with thermalite blocks just in the middle of the boiler! Flue still not compliant and flexible hoses outside of boiler casing!

Install now classed as complete but no CD10 or CD11 filled in and no company details left although she knows the company's name now. Would reporting to Oftec get a visit asap to check compliance and have them return to rectify faults?

Pics of the new "now compliant" installation:

oil 7.jpeg

Jon

FFS !! And I was taking the Pi $$.
How long does it take to core a 127mm hole and patch the old one up.
I doubt they have Oftec membership.

Company was Green Deal Solutions based in Leicester.

There's a Manchester company of the same name who I think has nothing to do with them at all.

Jon

Don't open that window when boiler running poc will flood your home did they supply a carbon monoxide detector like you ahould with an istallation god I could do better with 12pints in me Bob

Don't open that window when boiler running poc will flood your home did they supply a carbon monoxide detector like you ahould with an istallation god I could do better with 12pints in me Bob

If they did, it's probably on a couple of breeze blocks too... and in the back garden :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back