oil heatslave 26/32 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all this is my first post on here, so really hope anyone can be of help.
I have the heatslave oil boiler 26/32, and after retiling the bathroom had to drain a couple of rads, after i put the rads back on i forgot to refill the boiler and the heating and water was left on for a while with no problems.
This morning when i went to have a shower i put the water on but the boiler never fired up, all lights are on etc but no firing noise. I refilled the boiler via the refill hose, and it started making a strange rattling while refilling, not sure if this is normal, it gradually slowed and stopped. I'm not 100% sure when the boiler is refilled though?? turned all back on and same issue no firing up, hence no water or heating.
Any advice most appreciated
Thanks
Si

Sponsored Links
Check the overheat stats haven't tripped.

Don't fire it up again until you have found all the airvents on the boiler and bled them.

I'll look into this, how many vents/ bleed valves are there? also is it normal to make the vibration when refilling, it was quite loud and to be honest scared the crap out of me when it started :) i let the air out of the top valve and it was fine, also how do you now its full again, just from bleeding?
thanks.
Might call out a service engineer as I'm not 100% sure and suppose better safe than sorry.

Just to inform anyone else who has this problem.
I phoned bosche today to get to the bottom of this. First thing take the boiler front of so you can see pressure gauge, open the two black taps either end of chrome flexing pipe to allow water to refill the boiler, when pressure returns between 1-1.5 bar open pressure release valve to expel excess air, bleed radiators and all should be back to normal, there are no other areas to bleed on the boiler. Don't forget red reset thermostat button if still not firing up.
Hope this is of help.

Sponsored Links
If you look, the 'chap' was reading that you had filled the boiler.

Now it seems you had done nothing of the sort and were trying to dry fire it. Twice.

I install around 30 Worcester oilers a year, I've learnt that they go much better with water in them.

[quote="brownpatch" I refilled the boiler via the refill hose,

I rest my case - if you had told the truth we would have explained about filling the boiler, saving you the cost of phoning Booster Wosch, and the having to patronise us with your new found expertise :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back