worcester heatslave 26 32 dhw problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a worcester heatslave 26 32 oil boiler that has served me very well, today i noticed that if i put the hot water tap on to much the water would go luke warm, its never done this before and was wondering if the hot water thermostat was playing up and the preheat wasnt working properly, The ch appears to be working fine, anyway all help gratefully received
thanks silver

Sponsored Links
If it delivers lukewarm hot water all the time, it could be the domestic heat exchanger is scaled up, but this usually is accompanied with a reduced flow. It could also be caused by a faulty diverter valve.

thanks oilhead I don't have a reduced flow and I'm letting it cool down and see if i can hear the thermostat click, the diverter valve motor is working so could be the valve itself do you think im way out with the thermostat theory though ?

oh forgot to say it if i l let the tap run slow its boiling hot only when I turn the tap up near full it goes luke warm and as i said before it never did this before I always got great hot water with the tap fully opened

Sponsored Links
Measure the temperature differential across the primary connections on the plate heat exchanger.

Or it could be your water supply has increased and you have a bigger flow through the boiler and it's not able to heat the bigger volume try putting the tap to half the flow.Bob

Thanks guys got it sorted seems to have been the diverter valve sticking i noticed the flow from the boiler was getting warm i moved the diverter valve up and down a few times and it now appears to be working like it used to, unless this is a coincidence
thank you all though

You would normally get heat going to rads if divertor was stuck.
Is the Divertor the Honeywell one with grey plastic head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back