oil paint yellowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks any advice on this topic, I have a number of internal doors gloss white about 8 years ago now gone yellow. Looking to lightly rub these down, then acrylic undercoat followed by dulux satinwood waterbased to save this future problem.
Whats the chance that the yellowing from the oil paint will still try to get through to the top, I would imagine the acrylic will stop this but for how long, any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
You need to give them a thorough rub down, light won't cut it when moving from oil to water based. It won't bleed through. You don't need to u/c satin just two or three coats, but u/c does tend to be cheaper. Have been using the dulux today, although not bad the sikkens satura BL is still the best.

P.S I wish this site could get rid of auto correct, getting fed up with retyping brand names on every post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back