Ok to replace fused switches with sockets on Eco 7 circuit?

Is he using them correctly? I.e. leaving them switched on at the wall, making sure the input/charge control is set according to the weather, making sure the output control is set to Min before bedtime and opening it gradually throughout the day so the stored heat lasts?

Cheers for the replies everyone. He's not actually in the flat yet until it's ready, and as I say unfortunately we have no experience of storage heaters.

He'll be at work everyday so only at the flat from the evening onwards - that's why we're trying to find a more economical solution to the heating such as my initial thinking of putting a socket on the Eco 7 ring so that ovenight he could plug in a cheap oil-filled radiator with thermostat and get the cheaper Eco 7 rate plus the flexibility of only a short time to wait until heat is outputted from the rad from switch on as opposed to the storage heater, which I imagine would take a while to output heat from cold?

Also can anyone definitively confirm that regs don't allow sockets, even with individual MCBs, to be directly wired to an Eco 7 consumer unit? Just yesterday a spark didn't say it would be a problem when I was arranging a time for a quote, so am proper confused again, aarrrggh! :)

Sponsored Links
Also can anyone definitively confirm that regs don't allow sockets,
That was acknowledged as an error.

After all, some E7 systems switch the whole house on to cheap rate at night.

However, as said, you can't just add loads without ensuring it is safe to do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back