OLCI plumbing courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it worth doing?
was interested in doing the C and G course then looking for work at some level to complete the NVQ2

any advice? anybody here done the course?

thanks in advance

btw I am 25 and looking to re train

Sponsored Links
Short courses are not rated by professionals because you dont get any practical experience.

The Screwfix site has arguments all the time between the timeserved and the short course cowboys!

hi; you would be better off doing a college course; if you can find one that hasnt got a three year waiting list :(

Is this OLCI course accredited?

If it isnt then, your better off doing something that is; most employers will want to see some 'on the job' experience!

good luck

Sponsored Links
There are only THREE certificates that matter, Unvented G3, Energy Efficiency and ACS for CORGI.

As Charlie Claws said everything else is EXPERIENCE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERIENCE !

Agile said:
Short courses are not rated by professionals because you dont get any practical experience.

The Screwfix site has arguments all the time between the timeserved and the short course cowboys!

I did the 4 week one in York, you are quite right about practical experience, very limited and so many variants you won't have encountered before. I have to be careful when I choose what to take on. Each extra qualification is another week off work and ££££ to get 'qualified' 1 day equal to 2-3 hours max on unvented, take the closed book test ans very very basic fault finding and I'm supposedly qualified to install and service them, no way would I without further experience, somehow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back