Old bandsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm new to this so bare with!
I have a very very old Startrite bandsaw and I cant find any number no pictures or literature on it, I do have a serial number b353 but that is all. Please any help is received with gratitude.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is I think it was possibly green back in its day!

Sponsored Links
Startrite only started after WWII and most of their machines were formed sheet steel with cost iron tables rather than all cast frames. Yours is a very old model, pre-1970, as they went over to a boxy square shaped band saw design around then. The company were once part of the Thorn group then later the 600 Group before shutting up shop in the late 1980s(?). The woodworking designs were taken over by Record and became Record Power Tools designs (albeit manufactured initially in Italy in the case of the bandsaws), but only the late square-shape bandsaws and the drill presses were made and Record PT never supplied parts for earlier designs. Spares for a limited range of Startrite designs are made and supplied by ALT Saws, although I fear that your model may just be too old for them

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe JW knows a thing or two about getting an old bandsaw working again... lol

Wow, that’s a beast!
So long as its complete it will see all of us out......bearings are available, blades can be made and the blade guide pic seems to have the rollers.
If its 3 phase, another motor can be grafted on if you need to.
John :)

Take your time that’s an old boy I’ve got a large industrial one with a welder on it works a treat I did it up 15 years ago and they work like new. Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back