old concept problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a rather old "concept" alarm - i cant see a model no. and i have no documentation. Infact i dont even have a PIN for it! :rolleyes: Obviously, since we moved in we havent used it (though it is powered). I did ask the last owners but they didnt have a PIN in 10 years!!!!
4084880249_285df7fb16.jpg

My most immediate problem is a buzzer "waah-wah-waah-wah" has started going off on the control panel - i have to flick the electricity off in the garage to reset it, no fun at 2am!! Then 5am and 520am last night!!. I have take the panel off the control panel and cant see a battery. Any thoughts?

Found the PIN reset details - though it just goes to "tamper" when i get to button 8...

To change an existing known code:
Press the PROG button (All lights will show)
Enter the Existing code (Day & Tamper Lights show)
Press the "8" button (The 4 zone lights will show)
Now enter your new code (Any 4 Digits) the unit beeps twice & the day & tamper lights show again.
Press the RESET button, & the Day light should show.

If memory serves me correctly - the Concept reverts to factory default code on power-down (which would happen in the event of a power cut and a flat battery!)
0123 should be factory code & you will need a new battery.

In this situation
To change code, pres PROG, enter old code (0123, in this case) then press 8, then new 4 digit code, then reset.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1233261

and i also found the install manual but can see anything about tamper reset
http://www.guardianalarms.net/home_security_manuals/ADE/Concept_Installation_Manual.pdf

Would be more than happy just shutting the thing up at the moment!!

Sponsored Links
Hope you are not looking behind / in your picture, that's just a sophisticated switch :LOL:

The battery is in the PSU, power supply unit, located elsewhere.

You should be able to locate the sounder connection in that box, could 'kill' it from there.

CAUTION THERE WILL BE 240v INSIDE THIS BOX SO BE CAREFUL

the PSU is in the garage - i take it there is a battery in there and this is causing the erratic buzzing to go off? Will power it off and undo it...

i have take the front of the control off, the buzzer is integrated into the control board, no sign of the connectors on it, was hoping a snip and it would be gone.... DOH!

just to close this thread - took the PSU cover off and straight away noticed this:

4089780106_3640bc8195.jpg

So the reason its never been used is its knackered! Disconnected the battery and snipped a wire so no more buzzer. Will now be looking for a new alarm.... ( new thread)

Sponsored Links
and its wired in phone cable anyway ............ do the whole thing again IMO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back