Old cooker split into two.

Sponsored Links
[You know what BAS, I'm unsure why your so off? Do you have some kind of complex where if someone doesn't know what you know you have to attempt to belittle them rather than offering sensible advice? Or are you one of those who has to post to get their total posts up. You know I'm not interested.
JohnW2 thanks for all your info, it was most helpful.
You're welcome - and don't fret, you've just been on the receiving end of an almost daily occurrence.

Kind Regards, John

I am not belittling you - just observing that you don't really know what you are doing and therefore offering the sensible advice that you should not be DIYing.
Good to see, John, that you agree that he has been on the receiving end of the almost daily occurrence I described earlier.

Sponsored Links
Not at all - I never do.

But it seems we are all in agreement -
What else, indeed!
- John confirms that what he meant and what he believes is that anyone who thought I was attempting to belittle the OP rather than offer sensible advice is neither intelligent nor rational.

I'm not pretending anything.

I took it to mean that you agreed that he has been on the receiving end of the almost daily occurrence I described earlier, i.e. that I was giving sensible advice, not attempting to belittle him.

I'm not pretending that I don't understand what you meant - I am reading the words which you wrote, and as I am neither unintelligent nor irrational I am not sitting here trying to imagine that you meant something other than what you wrote -
What else could any intelligent and rational person have meant?
What else, indeed!
in order to then take issue with the writer because I disliked something I imagined.

Because only someone stupid and irrational would do something like that.

Just as with this:
In fact I might just go get the cable to and..........DIY!!
I wouldn't advise that - you don't know what you're doing either, and having been told about diversity you say you don't want to know about it.
only someone stupid and irrational would decide that an observation on competence and consequential advice to err on the side of safety was meant to belittle. If I mean to belittle someone I will do so clearly and not hope to rely on people trying to imagine I mean something other than what I write.

So, if you didn't mean what you wrote here:
What else could any intelligent and rational person have meant?
What else, indeed!
why was that?

Did you write something other than what you meant because you are stupid and irrational, or because you are a liar?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back